Chicken Pasta Bake
An easy midweek dinner, the whole family will love this comforting, cheesy pasta bake.
Tags: Dinner Party, dinner, family meal
478 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 tsp sugar
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
300g penne pasta, or any other shape
400g tinned sweetcorn, drained
150g ball of mozzarella
A few basil leaves (optional)
- Spray a deep frying pan with Frylight to cover the surface of the pan and put over a medium heat. Wait until the Frylight is clear.
- Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the sliced garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and then leave to simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray another frying pan with Frylight, place over a medium heat and wait until the Frylight is clear. Add the chicken strips and fry for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan. Once the sauce, chicken and pasta are ready, mix them all together, adding in the sweetcorn, in a baking dish.
- Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and scatter over the pasta. Bake in the oven for 15 – 18 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and the top is golden. Scatter with a few basil leaves if using before serving.