Veggie Cottage Pie
A veggie twist on a classic – warm, nourishing, budget friendly and great to feed the whole family.
Tags: Dinner Party, dinner, family meal, vegetarian
391 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 medium sized carrots, peeled, sliced in half lengthways then sliced width ways
1 stick celery, chopped
1 tin cooked lentils, drained (265g)
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
100ml vegetable stock
1 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1kg floury potatoes, peeled and chopped
100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Spray a large frying pan with Frylight to cover the surface of the pan and put over a medium heat. Wait until the Frylight is clear.
- Add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and continue frying for another minute.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pan and stir together for 1 minute.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes, lentils and stock into the pan, along with the tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and rosemary, season and mix well. Leave the pan over a medium heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the mash. Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until soft and then drain.
- Return the cooked potatoes to the pan with the butter, milk and season to taste. Mash until smooth.
- Heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan.
- Pour the lentil mix into a large baking dish, and then top with the mash. Smooth the top and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the pie is bubbling with a golden top.