Bacon, cheese and chive waffles
For a special family brunch try these savoury waffles with bacon and cheese.
Tags: breakfast, brunch, weekend, family meal
358 k/cals per serving
Frylight cooking spray
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
350g plain flour
200g chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
284ml chilled buttermilk
6 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
200g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
4 free range eggs
- Place baking powder, salt and flour into a bowl. Mix together an then add the butter. Rub the butter into the flour mix with your fingers until the texture is like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add bacon and chives and stir to combine.
- Stir in buttermilk, then add cheese, mixing until combined. Gradually pour in the milk and stir to loosen the batter.
- Spray your waffle iron with Frylight and heat until indicator light shows. Spoon in enough batter to cover the waffle iron, close and cook until brown and crisp.
- Keep warm in the oven and repeat with remaining batter until all batter is used.
- Spray a frying pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat. Wait until Frylight goes clear and then break in the eggs and fry to your liking.
- Serve the waffles with a fried egg on top.